FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Highly Anticipated InsurTech North Conference Opens Registration
Toronto, Ontario (November 5, 2019) – MSA Research Inc. is excited to announce that online registration is now open for its annual InsurTech North conference. Now in its third year, InsurTech North 2020 takes place April 6-7 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto.
InsurTech North is a forum for insurers, reinsurers, brokers, MGA’s, digital leaders, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists.
Be in the room as conference speakers discuss insurance technology investment (over $3.1-billion globally in 2018), which technologies are in demand and where in the value chain innovation is happening. This year’s conference theme, “Where the Rubber Meets the Road”, centres a riveting program on such relevant topics as how the insurance workforce will work with technology in the future, top cross-ecosystem challenges worth reconstructing, and which friction points can be solved by tech in the customer insurance experience.
Agenda highlights include:
- Canadian Leadership on the Global Insurtech Stage
- Augmented Intelligence and AI – Moving to a New Age Working With Technology
- Key Customer Touch Points – Challenges and Successes in Broker Tech, Claims and Payments
- Combatting the Bro Culture in the Tech Space
- Case Study and Post Implementation Health Check: Full Stack Insurtech Startups
- A View from the Top – Co-Creation – CEOs and Founders Panel
There are four distinct features of the InsurTech North 2020 conference that are integral to this year’s stellar agenda: Expert panel discussions, an interactive pan-ecosystem Breakout session, a networking Marketplace and Expo, and the annual InsurTech North Wolf Pack Startup Pitch Competition.
“Working with our amazing advisory committee, we’re excited to be enhancing the program in line with delegate feedback and broader community interest,” said Marilyn Horrick, MSA Research COO and EVP. “Providing an ice-breaker kind of kick-off, we’re giving attendees a chance to reinvent certain aspects of the insurtech/incumbent space in a session all about reconstruction for the greater good,” continued Horrick, “We’re continually building actionable take-aways into InsurTech North and think this year’s agenda is right on the money.”
Another value-add is the networking opportunity afforded through the Expo where attendees meet with exhibiting insurtechs who have qualified to host a table and promote their goals and value propositions, and the onsite Marketplace offering time and space for delegates to network and make valuable connections.
“I picked this conference in particular because of the networking value,” said Aly Dhalla, CEO and Co-Founder, Finaeo and recipient of the 2019 Wolf Pack Start Up Pitch Competition. “In fact, InsurTech North created one of our (Finaeo’s) first partnerships,” shared Dhalla.
The agenda and format of InsurTech North was shaped by a world-class advisory committee of diverse leaders including:
- Mukul Ahuja, Partner, Strategy & Artificial Intelligence, Financial Services & Insurance Leader, Omnia AI at Deloitte
- Jan Arp, Managing Partner, Holt
- Sue Britton, CEO & Founder, Fintech Growth Syndicate (FGS)
- Simon Chan, Vice President, Talent, Academy and Future of Work, Communitech
- Aly Dhalla, CEO & Co-Founder, Finaeo
- Stephen Goldstein, Vice President, Client eXperience Lead, RGAX
- Nicole Gunderson, Managing Director, Global Insurance Accelerator
- Blake Hill, Vice President, Life Insurance, dacadoo
- Keegan Iles, Partner, National Insurance Consulting Leader, PwC
- Alice Keung, Chief Transformation Officer, Economical Insurance
- Laviva Mazhar, Investment Analyst, Luge Capital
- Caroline Mills-White, SVP, Global Head of Auto Practice Group, National Director Personal Lines and Affinity, Aon
- Abhay Raman, Vice President – Data and Analytics, Digital Transformation, Sun Life Financial
- Parna Sabet-Stephenson, Partner, Gowling WLG
- Daniel Sinclair, Vice President & Head, Corporate Development, The Co-operators
- Paul Winston, COO, Insurance Thought Leadership
“In short, what’s impressed me is the huge variety of attendees from P&C and Life Co., individual and group, VCs and other advisors to the community”, said Keegan Iles, Partner, PwC, and returning Wolf Pack Pitch Competition Leader, “The networking as a result is fantastic,” continued Iles, “and when you look around, there are real deals going down. This is what you want to see at an insurtech conference.”
Visit www.insurtechnorth.com to register or to obtain more information.
InsurTech North runs from April 6-7, 2020 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto.
About InsurTech North
InsurTech North provides attendees an essential opportunity to connect with forward-thinking experts including insurance company executives, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, incubators, regulators and advisors. The program is designed to drive insurance technology innovation, opportunity and learning to assist decision makers in the life/health and P&C industries. Visit www.insurtechnorth.com to register or to obtain more information.
About MSA Research
Market Security Analysis & (MSA) Research Inc. is a Canadian-owned, independent and impartial analytical research firm focused on the Canadian insurance industry.
Founded in 2003, MSA is the dominant provider of financial information relating to Canadian insurers. Its mission is to provide Canada’s insurance professionals with comprehensive financial information, analytical tools and rigorous research on a consistent basis.
MSA reports and software are currently used by more than 90% of Canadian insurers, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers and commercial brokers, all broker associations, all major audit/actuarial firms, equity research and investment banking shops, regulators, governments, third-party administrators, academics and others.
For more information, sponsorship and vendor inquiries contact:
Debbie Brockway – email@example.com
(416) 368-0777 ext. 60